Tuesday, August 30, 2016




Today's poem isn't mine alone, but the renga all the August writers have been working on behind the scenes together. You'll find that at the Tupelo site, and I'm afraid it's our swan song. And, of course, it's a bit of a relief to know I don't have to write a poem today, but I have to say it's been a satisfying ride.

So now everyone's gotten 30 days to peruse what's going on inside my head, and it's time to close down the blog. I'll be sorry to give up this morning chore of writing a little bit of poetry and about poetry to a sympathetic audience. Maybe I'll take it on again in some form down the road. But, right now, I'm here to announce that Gail's done the 30/30 (will wonders never cease) and survived.

I'm also here to thank those of you who supported me, especially the nineteen generous souls who donated to Tupelo in my name. You've given to a wonderful press, an organization that year after year produces beautiful, cutting edge writing and helps to keep poetry, especially, alive and well in the world. And to everyone who supported me with a "like" or a comment, I can't tell you how heartening it has been to find you out there and to get a chance to share my writing with you. Thank you, everyone. And much, much love.


1 comment: